• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Some soccer

Nill Toulme

The usual available darkness — ISO 3200 1/400 f/4 (with extender in #1) and f/2.8 (without it in the rest)...

070320-dhhssvb-008_std.jpg

070320-dhhssvb-083_std.jpg

070320-dhhssvb-119_std.jpg

070320-dhhssvb-175_std.jpg

Complete match here.

Can hardly wait to see what the Mark III will do for shots like these.

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I was thinking, hmmm! Nill will be so impressed, this guy is able to catch really the peak of action! Maybe we have a new star. Then I realized we still have just one Nill Toulme!

Is this with the 70-200 2.8L IS and the 1DII? could you share the settings and are you using the * to set focus? Is this servo?

Asher

Nill Toulme

Thanks guys. 400 f/2.8L IS on 1D Mark II. Yes, AI servo of course, AF on * button via CF4, M at 1/400 wide open.

The recipe, FWIW, is this: RAW, Capture One, Magne Hi-Sat profile, C1 NR slider set one above default, i.e., 3 of 4, C1 sharpening off, levels/curves in C1 including black point raised as necessary to mask background noise and add pop, web image converted from C1 tif with BreezeBrowser Pro HTML module, with more or less default sharpening. Easy. ;-)

My general RAW workflow for sports shooters suggestions can be found here.

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net

Ron Mason

Nill:

I was wondering where you were. I was thinking mmm it's soccer time and i don't see Nill's stuff; now I know where to look. Great stuff as usual and I can't wait to see what you are going to produce when you can shoot at ISO6400.

Ron