• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Fall

Michelle Jones

hahaha Ok now I am going to take us back to the fall.....
Here is a photo I took this past fall...would love your comments on it.
Michelle
glowing_bridgewm_resize.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Michelle,

I love the golden cast. was this taken as the sun was going down. These are Tuscany colors in the evening. the light is very golden.

The picture has a lot of detailed place of interest for hte eyes to wander and focus attention. It has a peaceful tone and an assurance that whoever was there had the sense not to cut down trees just to get a clear view of the birdge.

I believe this pictures would be liked by a lot of people and should sell well.

I'll write more later.

Thanks for sharing!

Asher

P.S. could you provide details of the where, how, why and when of the picture?

Last edited:

Michelle Jones

Ok I will give a bit of info for this photo....this was taken at Schwetzingen Gardens, Germany. That is one of my favorite places to wander. It changes dramatically with each season. The photo was hand held.
Now to give up my story.....GRIN
It was a rather blah day....Was hoping for some sunshine to break through the clouds but it never did. So.......I cropped this one and bumped up the color saturation levels and added a soft focus to the photo.
Here is the orignal....Not very interesting.
And I would LOVE to sell some of my work...but as I am just a amature just getting started....I need a lot more work and practice.
IMG_9674resize1.jpg

Michelle

Asher Kelman

Hi Michelle,

You did a little more than bump up the saturation, I think since there is a golden cast. I know since I corrected it on a download I made. I didn't repost it since it robbed it of the wonderful light. That's why grey cards cant be used in special lighting situations where one wants to preserve the mood of a light other than Noon sunlight.

Asher

Michelle Jones

It has been awhile since I processed that photo. I am not sure if I added a "orton" effect to it as well as bumping up the colors. I may also have used the replace color in PS as well....but can not remember the exact steps I used to make this...I think I am going to have to keep a log of exactly what I do to each photo. My memory is bad!
Michelle

Asher Kelman

Marion,

I have heard the "Orton" effect previously and some one explained but it slips me! What's it about?

Asher

Michelle Jones

hahaha Ok I have to hassel you....who is this Marion???? Is that like Lady Marion from Robin Hood? GRIN
Ok the orton effect is where you
1. duplicate the image
2. lighten the image by going to image> apply image>change blending mode to screen>opacity to 100% (this over exposes the image)
3. duplicate this copy
4. blur the second copy by adding a gausian blur raidus 25
5. move this image on top of the original
6. go to your layers palette change blending mode to multiply and then flatten the image....wahlah! You have a ortoned image. I really like that effect.
Michelle