• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

DPP 3.0 quick thoughts

I am leaving on a trip tomorrow afternoon (for about 45 days) and so hearing that DPP 3.0 was available, I quickly downloaded the update to my laptop and here are my thoughts.

First given I have dial-up I was impressed it all downloaded on the first try last night. Still running Win XP SP2, so take that into account.

1. I like how they fixed noise reduction by adding a tab so I can correct it individually. I won't be using it often I hope as I like to shoot at iso100, but I like that is now practical to use.

2. I like having the crop frame show in the thumbnail, now if they could just get it to show in the stamp window, where I actually need it to show. (if it can I just haven't figured out how to make it happen yet ) . Given my choice I like the frame from the thumbnail view if that were possible.

3. There were a couple of other things that looked useful, but I didn't have time to fully check them out last night and won't have time today.

Given that DPP will be the only photo software I am taking along (as I still can't find my PS CS2 disc and don't want to load CS1 on the laptop since I will be going to CS3 in a couple of months anyway (trying to keep it as clean as I can); I am glad they got the update out before I left.

I almost forgot to mention that if I do get to play with a 1DM3 early next month, I am all set now.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
So DPP 3.0 is set to go and so we'll have a lot of real experience from your trip. Happy shooting!

Where are you going. It would be nice to have an ongoing progress report of your travels and the pictures you take~!

Have a great journey!

Asher

Right now I am in Palm Desert, Tomorrow I go from LAX to Miami then Rio, catch a cruise ship there.
a lot of stops before we end up in Athens 27 days later (see MS Rotterdam - Holland America) and then a few extra days in Greece and back to Palm Springs for a week so i can attend the Palm Springs Photo Festival (actually it is to drop off my mom who is takening me on the cruise, but I am taking advantage of the timing to catch a workshop at the festival.

I will try to send a few travel photos if they are half way decent. But with warning that I am a portrait/model photographer not a travel photographer. That is provided I can connect up to the internet while traveling.

Ray West

Hi Tim,

You can prob connect to internet OK, for an hourly payment. Do not eat too much. Have a great time.

Best wishes,

Ray

Well I think I got a couple of decent shots of Rio and Salvador (still working on Salavador pictures).
But have discovered I have no way of posting them (Or at least I can't figure one out in the small amount of time I have allotted to the internet). So until I can figure it out, lets just say all seems to be working well, but I do miss having PS CS2 access along with my DPP.