• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Photographs of my Backpacking Journey through Southeast ASIA

Allan Lim

My SEA 2006/07 Backpacking journey can be found at

http://www.pbase.com/droonsta

I have provided an in depth gallery of Laos, including different provinces and areas that I visited. However if you do not want to look at every single photo you can skip on ahead to the My Favourites section which contains the TOP 75 Photos of my Lao Journey.

Also Any Comments, Critiques, suggestions about any photos or Galleries are greatly appreciated and can easily be left at the bottom of the screen of the gallery/picture pages.... It would be great to read different peoples opinions and thoughts NOTE: You DO NOT need to sign up to leave comments U can just leave a nickname/screenname/first name and an email is optional and then ur comments

Also regularly check back as I'm in the process of uploading my Cambodian, Vietnam, Thailand, Myanmar, Malaysia and Singapore travels

My travel Journey/adventure can also be read at http://www.mylifeoftravel.com/droonsta.home

Allan Lim

Here are some samples of the photographs on the website above

76610271.ChBUIvET.DSC00145.JPG

76610289.aF9VjIU7.DSC00389.JPG

76610345.FcyUXhsb.DSC00840.JPG

76610379.ZW8O4ogE.DSC01141.JPG

Allan Lim

55518090.gloomyweather.JPG

This picture of these children looking ahead really interests me: Asher

55518783.togetherforever.JPG

I have selected the above picture to be the opening of a challenge to representing the future here .

56112033.rainbow.jpg

I have tried to highlight pictures with my impression of more artistic potential from amongst "snap shots". Judgemental, yes, but at least but I want to show the direction we need to go in selecting images for posting!

Last edited by a moderator:

Allan Lim

I've just uploaded my Singapore Gallery
which can be found at http://www.pbase.com/droonsta

once again I've provided an extensive collection of Singapore photos as we a whole, but if one does not want to view every single picture, you can also browse through the TOP45 Photos from Singapore in my Favourites section

76778804.v33QeBzY.DSC07113.JPG

76778806.tNkPg6wG.DSC07158.JPG

76778815.rz4VHkCc.DSC07275.JPG

76778818.o8lWxFJz.DSC07287.JPG

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Here are some samples of the photographs on the website above

76610345.FcyUXhsb.DSC00840.JPG

76610379.ZW8O4ogE.DSC01141.JPG

These pictures are of the standard to post.

Try to select to meet this so we have the very best. Weed out pictures in future that are not this powerfull. Vacation fun pictures belong in Layback Cafe.

So I'd like to restart say with the monks by the water as a Challenge to show the apposition of two cultures here .

The children pictures belong together in a really related series.

Similar shapes or lighting and tonalities. in another!

In OPF, we want to be selective in what we show. Images we treasure and might even hope to improve to show in a gallery....perhaps if this or that was better. Pictures do not need to be perfect. That rare occaison would be wonderful. We just want to help you on your journey!

Snapshots, however, distract us from that!

Asher

Last edited: