• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

35L close up flower

Harvey Moore

From the front yard a while back with 35L on 5D. I'm not sure about title, need to think on it a bit.

454603959_6716e2f37b_o.jpg

Harvey Moore

Thanks Mike

I have printed this one a little lighter, and then the version posted here. It does look on the dark side on a monitor, however, the print version print version brings out the subtle green with lighter green lines.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Harvey,

The green on the edge of the flower. Is that usual?

I love the green on the background cloth. Is that velvet or suede? I love this color as it reminds me of "British Racing green"and fine MG sports cars.

I had a Roche Bobois Suede sofa set made of this in sued leather and nearly divorced my wife for giving it away!

Asher

Harvey Moore

Hi Asher, good comments, you are right on British Racing Green.

This au is natural, no cloth. Taken outdoors. I noticed this clump of flowers in the front yard after taking a series of outdoor test shots with my then new 35L lens.

It is a backlit scene, and I used the adjustments in Lightroom/CS3 to darken the greenery around the yellow/red dappled flower, finished the leftovers with the burn tool. I wanted to project just a hint of the dark green broad leaves and the shape of the edge lines.

The green hue on the yellow petal edges is reflection from the dominant green surroundings. I purposely choose not to try and correct this, I feel it adds to the mood of the image.