• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

used the 1Ds and 1D combo for years

MArk Le

but since Im not getting any younger I went out with a 1Ds and XT instead. The weight difference is ... nice to feel LOL

and the camera (XT) gives back some nice work after I take all that magenta out in PP.

Time to give to the 1D a (deserved) rest.. kinda sad but that's life (mine)

:)

XT_foolingaround.jpg

XT 70-200 F4IS F8 1/640 @ 100mm

the main difference is in the PP, where this camera needs a photographer getting things right first because the files will break easily in PP if I don't (get things right).. more or less like with the 1D where cropping was kind of difficult. So basically it does the same thing.

But the XT gave me back the fun of shooting just for the fun of it. And that's priceless.

I'm happy with that little camera and with the 70-200 F4IS looks just about right.

Highly recommended as a backup body or for a long zoom camera to pair the main one with a standard zoom for example.