• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Lab printing

Theo Wallis

When processing images in photoshop that are to be taken off to the lab to be printed - what print settings would I use? I'm talking about your average high street lab (for printing holiday snaps) where unfortunately it has been my experience that the staff don't know too much about what they are actually doing.

•In photoshop print settings under "colour management" do I choose document or proof? I would think "document" as I'm not printing a proof. If I was to use "proof" though what profile do I choose as surely "working cmyk" is only for newpaper? Or would you use it for other forms of print like printing a high quality sunset landscape.

•Would I let photoshop determine the colours, the printer or no colour management.

I hope this makes sense, thank you

Theo Wallis

Helpful thanks but I've read a few of these articles on the web. While they do clear things up I was actually after a couple of answers to my specific questions above which these articles on the web can't answer.

Steve Saunders

I usually chose "document" and just use proof if I need the image to look like it should on the intended media (newpaper, photo, toilet paper...)