• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Anyone else not getting a response from Canon Customer Service?

Matthew_Kress

Hello all,

I sent the following email to Canon customer service (and to Mr. Brad Garbus) and have never received a reply. Is anyone else having this problem? I've checked my spam filter and found nothing there.

Regards,

Matt

Content of email:

1. Are the printheads truly considered consumables and, as such, will not be replaced by Canon if they fail?
2. Are the printheads supposed to be/ designed to be replaced 12 months after being installed? Or is there a usage based estimate?
3. Are the ink cartridges only warranted for 30 days after being PURCHASED and not after being installed so that, if they fail even before being installed, Canon will not warrant them if they were purchased 31 days prior?
4. Are the new ipF5000 roll feed units being produced w/o the previous defect?

Aaron Strasburg

Are you following these ongoing discussions at the wiki? Some partial answers for you there, but not much concrete. Canon has a way to go....

Matthew_Kress

Thanks Aaron. Yep, and I've been contributing there too. I'm trying to get an actual answer from Canon, which would seem to be appropriate since its their goods and their warranty and there is so much confusion about it.

Matt

MArk Le

something changed

right after the rebates "lost UPC codes" affair in the Canon service and attitude. I remember when they did replace the printhead of my S9000 leaving me speechless and very impressed with the (by then) service. But that happened two or three years ago.

Now beside losing the rebate material making for them impossible to pay (the rebates) I hear that the service is extremely busy to actually pay attention to us.

well... if they are busy means that they sell more, and more needs to be serviced (or maybe not)