• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Got the 85mm f/1.8 today

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Ron,

This is such a great lens and value for money! I cannot believe I still don't own one!

Fast focus, good color and Bokeh when you need it.

Now the near side of the fish, do you think that selectively sharpening so we can see the texture might be worthwhile?

With the fringe of whiskers at the back lower edge of the front of the fish, focus is drawn away from the fish. What is that anyway?

asher

Ron Morse

Ron,

This is such a great lens and value for money! I cannot believe I still don't own one!

Fast focus, good color and Bokeh when you need it.

Now the near side of the fish, do you think that selectively sharpening so we can see the texture might be worthwhile?

With the fringe of whiskers at the back lower edge of the front of the fish, focus is drawn away from the fish. What is that anyway?

asher
I wouldn't do anything to the shot other than to re-shoot it. I usually use two flashes. One above and one for fill from the front. I only used one from above in this shot just to try the lense. It is not a very good shot, not something that I would use in a competition or try to sell. It is often said that you should only show your best shots but I break that rule all the time especially if I want to show something. In this case I was just showing what the lense would do.

The wiskers are the other pectoral fin on the opposite side.