• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

G'day from Sydney

Simon Bayliss

Hi all,

what a great site you have here - I am looking forward to exploring and contributing.

So what about me?

Pretty much 'same old, same old'... school > university > corporate world. But things started to take a different path in my 30's...

I always dreamed of riding a motorcycle through/around Europe and rekindling my childhood interest in photography; this was a 'before I turn 40' dream and may I say I completed that in 2001.

With the passion ignited I have devoted the last 6 years to full time photography.. may passion is landscapes (with some sea and city 'scapes to keep it interesting.

While I like working in color, my preference is monochrome... so interesting working with structure, form, tones and textures.

I currently live just south of Sydney (NSW, Australia) and have the sea to my front and the escarpment of the Great Dividing Range to my back. (I moved from the city as it was sending me a bit stir crazy.

I look forward to getting to know some of you on this forum.

Regards

Simon B.
www.lumieres.com.au

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Simon,

Your modest!

Your website is wonderful and whether you shoot weddings, landscape or anthing else you bring embed passion. I'll revisit.

It loads rather slowly, but maybe it's just right now.

Thanks for joining us and doing almost as much as Quantas would do in bringing me to Austrailia.

Asher

Simon Bayliss

Hi Asher,

Thanks for the welcome.

mmm.. modesty. Not something people who know me would describe me as; but when it comes to photography, I have a long way to go.

Site sometimes loads slow (particularly O/N US time - even though it as aust domain, it is hosted in US.

What a lovely compliment... comparing me to QANTAS. (no U).. LOL.. trust the Australians to go against grammatical convention. :). Aust is such a wonderful place... but a LONG way for the rest of the world.

cheers again....

Simon