• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Canon TX1

Just received one from USA with Japanese manuals. I want to implement it in our devises for four-dimensional but can not find how to operate this camera remotely. Somebody knows how?
Thank you,
Stas.

Klaus Esser

pro member
Just received one from USA with Japanese manuals. I want to implement it in our devises for four-dimensional but can not find how to operate this camera remotely. Somebody knows how?
Thank you,
Stas.

Hi Stas!

I would do it - IF the camera has an usb or fw port - via a video-editing/capture program like Premiere or something like that. I don´t know wether you just want to capture or to fully control the camera!?
Capturing should work with any good video-editing program. Fully controlling the camera can only work with a Canon-Remote-Capturing program as we know it from the digital photocameras.
But there also are some 3rd-party programs in the web from enthusiasts for nearly every device . . :)

best, Klaus

Hi Klaus,

I want to control it in full and use in portable devises in conjunction with tablet PC. Actually it is wishes from my USA distributor, seams that there people want everything to be ruled from computer:))

As for the third party soft - I'm searching the web now, but it seams that since TX1 is just released there are nothing available. I even applied for Canon software developers. If they accept us, my programmer will do something.

Best,
Stas

Ray West

Hi Stas,

It seems there is no remote control for it. I can do Lanc stuff, but it appears not to have the socket. You'll have to dismantle it, and wire directly into the bus. Probably better to get a camera with remote facilities (IR no use, since only one way). Probably stuff with blue tooth soon. I don't think that usb, etc. controls zoom/focus etc. on cameras, but I could be wrong, I've never bothered to look.

Best wishes,
Ray

I can send through USB new settings for camera noises, so generally speaking TX accepts some input signals. Well, at the end of the day we always can solder something inside as we did for IS3.

There is one mo issue with TX1 - its lens. I need a bit wider field of view, otherwise this camera is useless for my four-dimensional stuff. Maybe there are some add-on lens that I can stick to this camera?