• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hi from London, Ontario

mitchmcneil

Hi all! I'm a aspiring photographer living in London, Ontario but my heart is still in Calgary where I was born and raised. I have shot many different format but my main three are 35, 120 and digital. I have a D200 and F4s with a case full of lenses, Contax G2 with the 90/45/28 which I use most of the time for shooting on the street and Mamiya 7 to go with it. For awhile I was bitten by the collecting bug and forgot to get my butt out and shoot. I'm taking a portraiture class as I have people always asking me to do that for them, so i figured I better learn lighting and studio stuff. I'm married with no kids but I do have two bunnies. Oh and some days I crack out the Rolleiflex and use that on the street which makes people scratch there head and ask "is that thing broken?"

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi all! I'm a aspiring photographer living in London, Ontario but my heart is still in Calgary where I was born and raised. I have shot many different format but my main three are 35, 120 and digital. I have a D200 and F4s with a case full of lenses, Contax G2 with the 90/45/28 which I use most of the time for shooting on the street and Mamiya 7 to go with it. For awhile I was bitten by the collecting bug and forgot to get my butt out and shoot. I'm taking a portraiture class as I have people always asking me to do that for them, so i figured I better learn lighting and studio stuff. I'm married with no kids but I do have two bunnies. Oh and some days I crack out the Rolleiflex and use that on the street which makes people scratch there head and ask "is that thing broken?"
With just that Rolleflex, you can do weddings, street, portraiture, landscape, anything. It's a princely camera.

I'm not sure that everyone needs digital or should restrict their work to it. Serious photographers should be also trying thier hand at film for it is a different paint brush and may suit their esthetic taste better.

Film requires that one treasures each shot or has no concenr about cost of reloading.

I hope we will see the results of your Nikon, Mamiya, Contax , Mamiya 7 and Rolleiflex. You will have a great reception. When you post, comment on the film choice as many guys have never used film!

Thanks for joining us,

Asher

Jeff O'Neil

Welcome Mitch,

London is my home town. My dad still lives out in the east end. I don't get home as much as I'd like but London the Forest City as it's known sure can be pretty!

Welcome.