• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Sharing my everyday work (art imaging)

I had problems with the work of artist Yuken Teruya that constructs trees from cuttings done on top of shopping bags.

I want to share the image here for comments.

(Mamiya 645 AFD 80mm f:2.8/Phase One P 25)
MAY8_.jpg

Klaus Esser

pro member
I had problems with the work of artist Yuken Teruya that constructs trees from cuttings done on top of shopping bags.

I want to share the image here for comments.

(Mamiya 645 AFD 80mm f:2.8/Phase One P 25)
MAY8_.jpg

Very nice object! The idea of a shopping-bag isn´t really clear - maybe a bit more perspective could give more dimenson to the bag.
The light inside the bag is very good!
The artist cuts the paper from the bag, i understand - i would do a second shot with an extreme wideangle and go closer to the trees, so that a more wide/dimensional sight shows the cut-outs above the trees clearer.
The big shadow on the back-/underground irritates me - i would try to do it without ANY back-/underground-shadow, that would give a more artificial feeling. An absolutely clean-white underground without any dimension and the object with deep dimensions by the shadows would have a more "object"-character, emphases it as a "piece" of art. The red colour and the structures and shadows make it very 3D anyway - so the underground-shadow seems obsolete to me. Just my feeling.

Nice work anyway!

best, Klaus