• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Banner

Don Lashier

Put the text in the banner into one line! There's lots of wasted white space to the right and putting all text on one line with minimize scrolling. I know this won't match the site banner, but so what?

ps: why is my sig not showing?

- DL

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Bonjour Don!
welcome on board!
You read my brain!
Some improvements will be decided with Asher next week.
Great moment forseen! Asher in Bordeaux, good wine, good friend, not sure you'll recognize OPF after that! ;-)

Don Lashier

Hi Nicolas!

> good wine

Enjoying some right now :)

btw, figured out the sig thing, apparantly it doesn't apply to prior posts.

- DL

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Don,

Finally you arrived.

Feel free to look around and let me know the other things that Nicolas has gotten away with!

Asher

Don Lashier

Hi Asher,

> Finally you arrived.

Well, I'm a bit slow and it took me a while to discover you. I've been a bit distracted for the past year polishing my content management system so I can sell it and devote more time to my first love of photography.

- DL

Don Lashier

Oh, I just noticed that the main site banner is skinnier with just a single line text. Why not use this for the forums pages also?

- DL

nicolas claris

Don Lashier said:
Oh, I just noticed that the main site banner is skinnier with just a single line text. Why not use this for the forums pages also?

- DL
Because it is the home page layout , all others (front pages as well as forums) are with the vertical banner.
We have now some clues about users screens, amazing are big they are! (screens, do not know about users!) :)
Please be patient, a lot to come to improve here, trust me we have a long list Asher, Michael Tapes and I... and we all do this after work hours, we're also photographers in the day time!

best

Ray West

I found smilies on another thread, under the text box, but not here. Are they going to be applied to all sections? I reckon this site will be great, since folk seem to listen, Asher must feel ike a proud dad, or worse.... ;-)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
raymw said:
I found smilies on another thread, under the text box, but not here. Are they going to be applied to all sections? I reckon this site will be great, since folk seem to listen, Asher must feel ike a proud dad, or worse.... ;-)

I'm so happy and proud that the site has become alive and works thanks to everyone's hard work and continuous feed back.

Asher

D

Doug Kerr

Hi, Nicolas,

Just be sure to save a protection copy of all the forum code before the editing if that is to be lubricated by the famous local product!

It is more important to be able to revert than to repent!

nicolas claris

sea water?

Doug Kerr said:
Hi, Nicolas,

Just be sure to save a protection copy of all the forum code before the editing if that is to be lubricated by the famous local product!

It is more important to be able to revert than to repent!
hips! too late, hips!

Michael Tapes

OPF Administrator/Moderator
raymw said:
I found smilies on another thread, under the text box, but not here. Are they going to be applied to all sections?

Those smilies snuck out on their own. I think I have gotten them all in a lockbox. No Smilies here, based on staff vote :>) A very large petition could change that, but my lockbox is very strong and I have lost the key!

Michael Tapes

OPF Administrator/Moderator
Don Lashier said:
Hi Nicolas!

> good wine

Enjoying some right now :)

btw, figured out the sig thing, apparantly it doesn't apply to prior posts.

- DL

Hi Don,

Not sure what you mean by the sig issue. Thanks..

Don Lashier

Michael Tapes said:
Hi Don,

Not sure what you mean by the sig issue. Thanks..

On most boards the sig is added dynamically at view time so if you add one or make changes it shows in prior posts. Here it's evidently added statically at post time. Take a look at my first post in this thread and you'll see no sig.

btw I like the quote "auto-trim"! This is nice!

- DL