• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Mr Australia - a few shots on the weekend

Paul Bestwick

pro member
This is Mr Australia. He is off to Germany to compete in the Mr Universe competition. Any thoughts on the shots ? I wanted to do something unlike your typical magazine shots.

Cheers,

Paul

aa.jpg

ab.jpg

af.jpg

ag.jpg

Wow!

The B&W of the knee lift stand is classic. It reminds me of something I'd see from an elite photographer's portfolio!

So, do you and Mr. Australia hang out, take photos, drink beer often?

Paul Bestwick

pro member
Thanks Ed.........

no I just met Darran last week. Anyway, no beers for him, he is super careful about what goes into his body............strictly tuna & steroids !!!!!
He is a nice guy though & I reckon we may hang out a bit.

Cheers,

Paul

I like the deep rich color, but the contrast in the color portion seems a bit high to me - it seems like the the tonality is more suited to the b&w region...

I really like the grain effect you've achieved - especially in the b&w area. Is this standard noise from your camera or is this an intended artifact from your post processing?

With regards to no comments - there are a hundred reasons someone decides not to post. If these were my images, I wouldn't be concerned, your images are great.

Paul Bestwick

pro member
Thanks again Ed,

the noise was added & accentuated in Photoshop. The colour was boosted with levels & curves & then desaturated. I am trying to get a look similair to what I have seen in some of the high end portraiture books as well as working on developing a bit of a signature style.

Cheers,

PB

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hmmm.....not much interest in my shots. Apparently don't even rate a negative comment...curious.

Quite impressive and powerfull images!

In fact I wouldn't let him alone around my young sister…;-) but by the hell, what could I do to protect her???
may I say "a frightening guy"?