• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

New day New member

Martyn Ferry

Hello all

Been having a look at your site, seems very informative and most people seem to actually know what they are talking about, which is nice.

Just thought i would say hello and all that. I have recently got a web site up and running, not as a business but just a hobby really, my current camera is not what you would call top of the range or anything, but hopefully in the future i would like to move in that direction.

So, if you have 5 minutes to spare have a quick look, i do take my photography seriously, well as serously as i can with what i've got, but the site is not a sombre affair, so hopefully you should have a pleasant time looking through it.

Any feedback would be of interest to me, if there are things on there you really dislike let me know, or even if you really like something, or if you couldn't care less. I'm all ears.

Thanks a lot and have a good day
Martyn

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi Martin
welcome here and don't be too shy about your equipement, we even have a discussion right now on what does make a good photograph, equipement or photog? here

By the way, you forgot to put the link to your website... will pay a visit for sure, but give us the info !-)

Ray West

Well having a guess - I think the 'turn of phrase' was native english - it takes one to know one. So, google on 'Martyn', then 'ferry', then 'landscape' and you get http://www.photograferry.com/, which looks like the same sort of tone as the intro message here. Good guess or what?

Best wishes,

Ray

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Martyn,

Welcome to OPF!

I visited you world of the Hobbits. It's a kingdom of knarled trees, meadows of bluebells. Your views close to the ground are interesting and impressive.

I find your humor attrractive and your line around the kingdom is maintained electronically so I couldn't slide off a copy of your images to explore further.

Altogether a great experience. Thanks for sharing and joining us!

Asher

Martyn Ferry

Thank you for making the extra effort to find the site, thought i would test you all. Ray, you are officially my number one fan, whether you like it or not.

You'll have to excuse me for being extremely dim, how clever not to put a link in, and also for the tardiness of my reply, i was expecting an email notification when a reply was posted, didn't get one so assumed no one could be arsed. Not started too well have I.

Thanks for the positive comments, very encouraging. As regards my 'electronically maintained line around the kingdom', it's not so much to stop people nicking the photos but more of a case of when i discovered i could make up these messages, it pleased me enormously for some reason. Simple things etc.

I'm not really bothered about people downloading the images, they're so small you can't do a lot with them. Would you look more favourably on a site if you could get the images off it?

Asher, when you say you couldn't slide off a copy to explore further, er..what do you mean, i feel as if i'm missing out on something here. As opposed to normal, as i'm usually right on the ball, as you can probably tell, ahem.

Thanks for the warm welcome

Martyn

janet Smith

pro member
Hi Martyn

Like your site and your sense of humour, some nice shots, you had the following comment "Any help would be appreciated" tagged to one of your flowers, it's an Aquilegia, is this what you wanted to know...

Welcome to OPF

Martyn Ferry

Top stuff thanks Jan

Yes any help in identifying any of the flowers is always welcome, i'm afraid i'm one of those people who is quite happy to snap away at plants and flowers but haven't the foggiest what they are.

Really liked your site, especially your flower pics, in particular the Alliums set, very nice, simple composition. Were the flowers you chose different shades or was that something you did in post?

Your garden must rival the Chelsea Flower Show!

janet Smith

pro member
Hi Martyn

The Alliums were all different colours, just as shown, I have some huge one's, one of which is almost fully opened which I hope to photograph in the next few days, it's about 8"-9" diameter. Each individual tiny flower is star shaped, so check again in a week or so when I might have put them on my site.

My garden is rather shambolic at the moment, but is quite well stocked, so it'll keep me busy for a while yet. Thanks for your kind comments about my website, I'm still developing it at the moment, so it's always nice to get some feedback.

Jeff Donovan

Martyn, welcome to the site. I'm in much the same way as you. I enjoy photography and am rediscovering the passion I had for it as a child but don't have the means at the moment to get some truly top line equipment.

That said, I think everyone here would agree that you don't need top flight cameras to take top flight pictures (though it certainly helps.)