• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hi and help

Brad Sorensen

I'm Brad From Los Alamos New Mexico
I use a Canon digital SLR rebel XT 8 mega pixel camera with 2 lenses.

First I'm looking for photo shop CS2 templates for sports cards actually I want to explore all templates. I also want to some assistance pointers in taking photos my main problem is sports photos and photos of stuff more than 50 yards away.

Hopefully someone will point my the the right forum or links and offer guidance..

Thanks
Brad

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Hi and Welcome

Hi Brad,

Welcome to OPF. I am not a sports photographer, but, I can probably help you with the focal length stuff. What kind of lenses are you shooting with? Longer focal lengths are best for distance.

When I was newer to photography, I went on a trip with my husband, used his camera and wondered why the birds (Eagles to be specific!) were missing from the shots I took. Same principle for sports - motion far away! A few classes set me straight and I am still learning several years later. At least now, when I screw up the shots, I know more of why. I hope that I never stop learning!