• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Glamorous Portrait! What makes them work!

Gary Yelland

pro member
Just had an amazing shoot with a new polish model with a very pure gene heritage, which you can see in her beautiful bone structure.
Check out the rest of the shoot here Slide Show of Shoot

Some samples:

527363171_f0561beeec_o.jpg

527272724_14a79f2fae_o.jpg

Hi Gary,

I like the shots and the model, she is a beautiful young lady.

I was wondering what would be the best way to make a remark to your introduction, still not too sure, but allow me to say that I find statements about a pure gene heritage irritating to say the least.

Put it this way, what does it ad to the quality of the model? What does it ad to the quality of the shooting? I was also wondering, how would you know about here gene heritage in the first place?

Don't get me wrong here, but I am really curious why you mentioned this?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I don't think there's such a thing as a pure Polish gene pool. After all, the genes in the mitochondria are bacterial, for gawd-sake!

She is a pretty young woman and photographs well and that's what it adds up to. You like her and she reacts well to you, your lighting and how you do things!

The only thing one could say for certainty is whether or not she has a particular variant of a particular gene that only appears in that population, or of several rare variants that are hardly ever found elsewhere.

I photographed a lovely girl from Lithuania who looked quite a lot like her! Well I guess genes do move around.

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
A wonderful, but borderline style, if you can do it!

She is a pretty young woman and photographs well and she reacts well to you, your lighting!

When you find someone with a "look" you like, treat her very well!

I photographed a lovely girl from Lithuania who looked quite a lot like her! Unfortunately she was too generous with her husband's best friend and so my wife though she was unsuitable for the planned shooot in the Redwoods! Such is life!

This is then an issue. The type of girl one shoots and how one shas her pose and her attitude.

It is a challenge to do portraits of women to make them loook glamorous, sensitive, warm, friendly, open but also secure and not trashy!

Here you have sensuality. Both images indicate possible intimacy offered. There's a tease, but it is not crude or vulager, yet. This is a fine borderline and so culturally dependant. We all carry differently calibrated rulers to quantify trashiness! For sure orthodox Christians, Jews and Muslims would think this is inappropriate, to say the least. However, this is not intended for them, just like car jacks are not intended for Swiss watchmakers.

The field of the glamor portrait is well established. Many woman desire such photography

• for themselves and soul-mates as a personal and private celebration of beauty
  • for their "book" to get modeling or acting jobs
  • for online dating pictures
  • in exchange for other photographer being able to use pictures for his stock portfolio or other clients.

You have done a good job.

Asher

P.S. I wish your images were posted differently in your website so that I could grab the picture that I might want to comment on and link it to appear here.

Last edited:

nyschulte

Hi Asher,

I am not too sure what glamour is!?

Here you can see a selection of the portraits i did until now.
PhotoNeckel's portfolio

Seeing glamour as showing someone in a different light from their daily apperance, i would say that some of my portfolio is glamourous.

But for these 4 pictures a certain attitude is showing?

What makes them work?
For me these work because of a connection seems to be established
- when the picture was taken
- at the moment the picture is viewed

As these people are no professional models, i have them talked into posing this way.
The real difference for the working of the pose is the feeling added by the model.
If i can not link with a model during a session everything can be perfectly set up technically,
but no working picture will result!

superiority, distance
_D217696.jpg

teasing,playfull
_D217439.jpg

sensual
_D218979.jpg

'i know what you want'?
_D219327.jpg

Nicolas