• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hi, Paul from Ireland

Paul McGuckin

Hi, I've found a good few tips off the forums and thought it was time I joined up.

I've been working on a local newspaper for 3 months, first photography job and loving it. No qualifications, just got lucky and now trying to make the most of it.

Excellent site, got a great tip last week about nightclub photography and it worked a treat!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Welcome to OPF!

Hi, I've found a good few tips off the forums and thought it was time I joined up.

I've been working on a local newspaper for 3 months, first photography job and loving it. No qualifications, just got lucky and now trying to make the most of it.

Excellent site, got a great tip last week about nightclub photography and it worked a treat!

Welcome! Another fellow from the Emerald Isle! Just great you joined!

Wade in and post your photographs. We have a place for news and you will find spots here for all your work. Let's also have some of the local landscape, houses and pub color!

As far as training is conceerned, there are wonderful programs in colleges, of course, but the greatest icons did it as an apprenticeship of made things up as they worked with each picture and looked at how they can do better.

We are in a world of pictures, so it's easy to find work you like and then use that as a signpost to get your own style.

Good luck should follw you here!

Asher

Steve Saunders

Hi Paul and welcome. I've only been here a while myself and find that the members are friendly and always willing to help. Good luck with the newspaper stuff, that's what I'm doing in my spare time. News and sports, sports of course is my favourite. What aspect of the work do you prefer?