• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Play date

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Well today is a play date. I have taken my accounting office and turned it into a mini studio, The conference table I use as a desk is taken apart. The window is covered up and the background is up. Lights on their stands. Will Thompson has come over and we're going to be playing.

Tomorrow my friend comes with her two daughters - one who is a make up artist - and we are going to do a portrait session. She's asked me to re-create a posed photo she took with them 10 or so years ago. This is the first time I am using my new lighting kit. And I have a ringlight that came on Friday too. Lots of toys to play with. Asher's been invited too...but he might be busy moderating!

Maybe results up later in the week.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Good luck Kathy!

It looks like you have enough light to signal to the space station!

I hope you and Will really get everything set up like a dream for tomorrow. I intend to join you after I have painted the graffiti off our wall.

Just remember to get a surge protecter for your lights. You wiring may not like the rush, LOL!

Asher

Last edited:

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Too much light for a 13x13 foot room!

Well three softboxes and three mono lights are just too much for that small space. One bigger softbox placed above and head on will work best. Took some pictures of Will and my husband and tomorrow we have our models...Will really knows his stuff and I am appreciative of his willing next to help out a fellow photographer who is still (always) in learning mode.

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Here is one from today

80327247.qeDZW0UN.jpg

This is my friend and her two daughters that I have known for many years. They were looking to recreate some photos they did 15 years ago and showed us the poses used by the photographer. My friend was none to happy to see that she has aged by 15 years, so thankfully one of the photoshop things I can do is fix that.

Here is the link incase you cannot access it:

http://www.pbase.com/chatkat/image/80327247

Cem_Usakligil

img_27957_0_80327247.qeDZW0UN.jpg

This is my friend and her two daughters that I have known for many years. They were looking to recreate some photos they did 15 years ago and showed us the poses used by the photographer. My friend was none to happy to see that she has aged by 15 years, so thankfully one of the photoshop things I can do is fix that.

Honestly, which one is the mom?

Cheers,

I would like to see the original photo to compare with your rendering?

Also, that would help me identify the mom! I think I can identify who the makeup artist is, but the other two are a bit of a tie...

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
80327247.qeDZW0UN.jpg

These pics aren't showing! However the url is frine.

Can you check?

asher

Talking about portraits of our kids, has anyone seen the work of the german photographer Wolfram Hahn? the sittings are at the same time they are watching TV and shows the interaction in their expressions..

http://www.wolframhahn.de/
WolframHahn.jpg

(probably off topic, but came to mind)
Say hi to Will Thompson, have fun, Leonardo barreto