• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

ef 400 f 5.6

jason palmer

helo to all
ive only become a member since yesterday and on my first post there was some pleasing comments. but now i ask for info on ef 400 5.6 so if any of you lot out habe it can you post some images here . done so much history on this lens its doing my head in (pbase aspecily)
birds in flight is my next thing that missing from my port folio and this subject matter the bigma cant do sucessfuly . im not saying it cant be done ive had a thew but not that many.
so if you can help post them here.
many thanks jason.

John Harper

helo to all
ive only become a member since yesterday and on my first post there was some pleasing comments. but now i ask for info on ef 400 5.6 so if any of you lot out habe it can you post some images here . done so much history on this lens its doing my head in (pbase aspecily)
birds in flight is my next thing that missing from my port folio and this subject matter the bigma cant do sucessfuly . im not saying it cant be done ive had a thew but not that many.
so if you can help post them here.
many thanks jason.

Hi Jason

I love the shots you have taken with the Bigma, i am fairly new here too been around for 3 months or so. On the EF 400mm F5.6L I can pass on my experience as i have had one for about the same amount of time.

In 2 words......... BUY ONE.... I had also searched long and hard on the web on whether to get this or the 100-400 well after much soul searching i went with the 400mm prime and have been absolutely delighted with the results. If you look at my bird in flight shots posted in this forum most of them are with the 400mm. It focuses really quickly is razor sharrp wide open and is light in weight, you can swing it around all day and not get tired.

My favourite lens was my 70-200mm F2.8L IS but the 400mm is running it a close second. If you want to see full res images of any shots just drop me an email and i will send 1 over

Regards

John

jason palmer

thanks john i appreciate that . it seem all 3 lens a a popular chioce for people to ponder over .
a compromise with the bigma over the prime and the only 1 i can think of is versatility. it the shooting wide open that lets it down and the price back then was my only choice for a first lens.
many thanks
jason
ps yes nicolas that's the daddy.