• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hello from a Shutterbug!!!

John Darby

Hello everyone! I'm just new in here and I'm also new to digital photography. I was once a devotee of traditional photography and film cameras. But now that everyone's going crazy about digital photography I really think I should go with the flow. But it's not easy to change perspectives. I hope experts from this forum can help me with this.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hello everyone! I'm just new in here and I'm also new to digital photography. I was once a devotee of traditional photography and film cameras. But now that everyone's going crazy about digital photography I really think I should go with the flow. But it's not easy to change perspectives. I hope experts from this forum can help me with this.

Quite the opposite John! I'd love you to continue film and share with us. I'm a strong supporter for heterogeneity in everything. When one is not doing work requiring many pictures to be delivered fast, film remains a good option. Once one invests in a digital camera, an expensive computer, software, hard drives etc, etc, one does not look back much since doing so will cost you $200 for just several hundred shots which on dgital seems to cost us nothing!

Like you, many here have cupboards full of venerable cameras, sitting, waiting for what, I don't know!

We look forward to sharing experience with you. Just let us know what your intent is with a picture you present so that comments can be given a frame of reference and post all the images you really love!

Welcome,

Asher