• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Site oddities

Tim Armes

Hi all,

This is just my second visit to the forums. There are a couple of things that strike me as odd. First, there are a number of link coloured things on the home page that aren't links at all, such as "Fast yachts at sea", "Consent for photos", "EF 50mm macro", etc. Are they upcoming articles? If so, I thing it would be better not to put the title on until they are ready to be viewed.

Secondly, I clicked on "Sign in" in order to sign in, and I found myself signing UP (registering) all over again. To sign in you actually need to be on the forum page. I suggest that you make "Sign in" to exactly that, and that you add a "Register" link.

Other that these small oddities, it's looking to be a very promising site.

Tim

Don Lashier

> First, there are a number of link coloured things on the home page that aren't links at all, such as "Fast yachts at sea", "Consent for photos", "EF 50mm macro", etc.

I wondered the same thing but just figured they are "coming attractions".

- DL

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Tim Armes said:
Hi all,

This is just my second visit to the forums. There are a couple of things that strike me as odd. First, there are a number of link coloured things on the home page that aren't links at all, such as "Fast yachts at sea", "Consent for photos", "EF 50mm macro", etc. Are they upcoming articles? If so, I thing it would be better not to put the title on until they are ready to be viewed.

Secondly, I clicked on "Sign in" in order to sign in, and I found myself signing UP (registering) all over again. To sign in you actually need to be on the forum page. I suggest that you make "Sign in" to exactly that, and that you add a "Register" link.

Other that these small oddities, it's looking to be a very promising site.

Tim
Welcome Tim. I'm so happy you are here. I visited and enjoyed the images on your website, especially the bicycle and of course the wooden figure.

You are quite correct in objecting to titles that don't click to anything. I should have deleted them as pressing things delayed my schedule. Rather, it should say "coming soon". We will indeed have new articles appearing shortly. I'm travelling to NY and then 7 capitals in europe to meet photograp[hers. So some delay is inevitable. I apprecaite the feedback, although, I must admit, I knew it! So mea culpa!

I believe you will be impressed that we'll keep the front section updated.

You won't find "me too" reviews of cameras already covered well in other places. Rather we're interested in the kind of intent of a project, such as informed your "zipped-up pear" pictures and then the final print. The struggles in between, is what we discuss too. We don't wish to focus on what one owns, but rather the goal of the product and the route to it: intent to print.

Furthermore, all this is not in a vacuum.

Beyond the commercial world, Yyou will also see pictures on social and environmental issues as well a very personal projects.

Uniquely, we will try to support, by announcing, OPF members' exhibitons. Here, as with all submitted material, editorial judgement means not everything can be accepted.

Concerning the sign in, drop a note to Nicolas Claris. He's our design guy and would love to hear any suggestions you may have. Meanwhile, I'll alert him to your comments.

Welcome, we look forward to your posts!

Asher