• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

This could be JUST what I need!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Janet Couper

Hello from Nova Scotia!
I have been wanting some honest critique for years. Don't you just wonder when folks gush over your images ; you think you've 'missed the mark' but you don't know why? I am hoping that you all can help me improve my images... therefore I will be submitting those that I think could be more.

Hi Janet.

Well if you are tired of "Wow that's great!!!!!!" kind of critiques, this is the place.

What kind of photography do you do in Nova Scotia? Are you a pro?

Welcome to OPF

<Chas>

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Janet,

Welcome to OPF. From my experiences in Nova Scotia shooting, the light is so beautiful and the landscape magnifient that we will be awed with your images taken with a disposable camera of the local rubbish cans. (lol)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Janet,

All critiques on the web or anywhere else are to be considered with suspicion, including my own. To use a critique the photographer must first have some idea of what they want and where they stand in life. IOW, some achievable goal and sense of one's own value. Without these considerations, one is has no rudder to steer through well intentioned but inappropriate comments of praise for or issues with one's work.

Here, we are open and honest, attempting to identify what's good and pointing out where the image lacks and might perhaps be improved. The problem, unfortunately, is that we all have different sets of values (and alternate sets for diverse puposes) and some a better than others at understanding photography and how it works..

Having said that, we do have a fun, a nurturing approach and, from my experience help each other in our work.

If one wants a "great picture" for a snapshot of a trip to the coast and a case of beer, then use Layback Cafe. Otherwise, any picture posted is up for "Critique & Comment" unless otherwise stated.

Glad you can join us and I look forward to your participation.

BTW, we don't supply body armor but OPF has had far fewer casualties here in the entire last year than GWB has had in the past one hour!

Asher