• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

MKIIN More confusion & ?s

JOHN ROCKWOOD

Per suggestion from another forum that I try an SD as well as the CF; I did. Once I put both cards in and formated them twice, my counts jumped from less then 100 shots (75) to 250.
With both cards in at once, I can now read both RAW & JPG using the same card reader that could not read the CF before. Seems to read from both the CF and the SD with no problem now.
Why would my picture taken count change so much??
I had only taken 75 pictures so far, due to the B&H 200 picture limit.
Even if I wanted to return the Camera, B&H says the counts are now too high to return. Their limit is 200!

What the H*** is going on???

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
John,

I don't as yet have a perfect reply for you. You didn't state what size cards you had. Were the cards new?

It's possible there was already a folder or two created and the 1D series only see one folder at a time! So your formatting might have gotten rid of that folder structure.

Asher

Steve Saunders

Had you previously formatted the cards in Windows? I stopped doing this after it kept creating new hidden folders on my cards and gobbling up space. Now I only format in-camera.

JOHN ROCKWOOD

Hi All, someone sent me a link to the 1Dcount.exe. I ran this and it shows I have 78 actuations in reality. I had been using old 2GB CFs and a new 2GB SD. My corruption problem seemed to go away after reformatting both cards multiple times in the MKIIN.
Chuck Westfall did specify that the count I saw on the LCD was probably picked up from the new SD card and is just for naming not counts.
I can now go back to testing my new 24-105 and MKIIN at least 100 more times before hitting B&Hs 200 shoot limit.

Thanks!!!