• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Open Invitation

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Thanks

Thank you for you invitiation, Paul. I would take you up on it, but for me, since I am not free to walk away from my other business yet, I cannot come down. In the US, it's "Tax Season" and the down time for wedding season here. January - April is when I make a bulk of my annual income.. The only time off that I am taking is for a workshop in March in Santa Fe.

In November of 2009, it's likely that we will book some travel and Australia/New Zealand are a big possibility.

KrisCarnmarker

That's very generous of you Paul! I don't photograph people (except family during holidays) so it's not for me, bu I wanted to communicate my appreciation for your generosity. Lets hope somebody takes you up on the offer.

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I've always wanted to go to Australia! Outback photography and the great cities would be wonderful. However, I'm not ready! Still, it's a generojus offer and I'll take you up on a visit down the road!

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
I can't believe it…

Paul invitation is a must, and Tasmania (in Summer = Winter in the US and EU) is a place you have to go at least once in your life (I did!).
Cancel all your meetings, postpone the works that can be! can't you find a week free?
Getting to Tasmania, you'll reach the end of the world, wild landscapes and sescape sculpted by the roaring forties, a land as nowhere else…

No? you'll regret it for your life time...

Paul, wedding is not my kind of photography, but as we've already set-it up some months ago, I'll come one day with my wife, I know I have to visit more Tasmania, this will be a great time also to meet you.

Maybe I'll be enough convincing to have Asher and Wendy with us, and some more OPFers if they wish…

Anyway, back to your proposal, this is very nice and, please, see my hat down with a knee on the floor…;-)

Last edited:

Paul Bestwick

pro member
such generous & positive response to my offer. Thank you all very much, I am confident that it would prove to be a worthwhile experience for anyone interested in taking it up.
I have another idea as well. I am busting to do an OS wedding. If you know of anyone who is after something a little different & doesn't mind spending a few bucks...... I would be interested in coming to your locale. They can view some of my work on my website of course.
While I am there I can give you a free Studio 58 workshop.
I nearly booked a wedding in America a few years back. The crew of the USS John C. Stennis were in town & a group of them came into the studio for some shots & loved what they saw. I had one of them contact me a year later to come to the US & shoot her wedding. Unfortunately it didn't happen.
Thing is, we are only separated by a mere plane trip........ no big deal.
Also, it would be interesting to see how studios in other parts of the world operate. I would love to see how it is done in other places.
Interesting eh, I am into thinking big. I started my studio here with literally nothing. In fact It was worse than nothing. I moved from interstate & the removalist stole one of my camera bags which had $30,000 in equipment. I never got it back & the insurer never paid up. It was tough.
Anyhow, here I am, my studio is in year number 8 having made a profit from the from day one.
I am the best equipped photographer in the state & I believe I am doing the best (wedding) work in the state.
Today Tasmania......... tomorrow the world...... lol

Cheers,

Paul

Nicolas, yes my offer is open ended....... you bring the Red...... & Asher too if he can make it.

Last edited:

Angelica Oung

Are you for real, Paul? That's a pretty damn incredible offer, especially since I've been looking for an excuse to go back to visit Australia (spent three years there once upon a time, in Melbourne. Never been to Tasmania though).

I've never been to Australia but I want to do that trip once our house is build. I make sure to spend some time in that "penal colony" and look out for studio 58 as a matter of course!

Paul Bestwick

pro member
sure I am for real. As you know, I can be opinionated with regard to certain matters. How could I therefore not be prepared to balance that out with a little generosity.

Not only that, but it also lends weight to my argument if I am prepared to live out my opinions by example. You know what I mean, if I am going to make big statements, then I had better be prepared for some close scrutiny.

For someone who is willing to give it a red hot go, they could have a good head start in the field of wedding photography. Not that I am anybody special, but I am sure that my unique experience would be of help to someone needs a little assistance.

I could use a little myself in the field of fashion if anyone would care to follow my example.

Cheers,

Paul

Last edited: