• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

How to remove the wires from background..

Vivek Khanzode

Hi folks

This is my first post in the retouching forum. I am a newbie to post processing so any information is valuable. I have Adobe PS7 and Lightroom (just bought) and am not a power user of either.

This attached image is a candid portrait of my younger one and the wires in the back are distracting. How can I get rid of these?

Ooops forgot to insert the photo... btw, how do you do that??

Here is the photo...
200707_098med.jpg

Thanks for all pointers.

Regards

-- Vivek

Last edited:

Chip Springer

You need a "host" site for you pictures. I use www.photobucket.com (it's free). Upload your pictures and then click IMG Code located below the picture. Come back here and click Ctrl+V to paste it to your thread.

To remove wires I either make a new layer and use the healing or clone tool ...or duplicate the layer and use the up/down arrow keys to move it just a bit. Lower the opacity so you see the wire in the original picture. Add a BLACK mask to the duplicate layer and paint over wire with a white brush...this method tends to work great and is very fast or it doesn't work at all (depending on the image).

Chip Springer

I see the picture now.

Make a duplicate layer and use the Magic Wand on the kid.
Click Ctrl+shift+I to invert the selection.
You can then use the Clone or healing tool without going into the body.

If you want to extract the subject check out Russell Brown's Advanced Masking video (you'll have to google it).