• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Favour please (Google map listing)

I have added my name to google maps as a Barreto Photography, so people can find me if they need images of art work, architectural, interior etc.

If you have time/interest to give me a hand and just google my name in the "map" section to get more traffic.... I know, it is frivolous and selfish on my part, but on the other side, it may motivate other photographers to see how easy it is -- and free -- to list their name/business on Google maps...

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
LOL!
Wanted to give you a hand, and pasting your name in the map section field, as France where on screen I got "Barreto Photographie" very close to Bordeaux! are you moving around there? Bordeaux wine is ready to welcome you!
May be someone of your family!
Barreto Photographie
13, Place St Jean
24380 Vergt
(33) 5 53 54 95 18

LOL again!

nicolas claris

Did it thru google maps.com, and I prove it!
"Description: High end photography, imaging art work for galleries, artists - installations, interior..."

Thank you very much Nicolas, I think that the problem is that you wrote "Photographie" and it should be Photography. It happens to me all the time, my mother tongue is spanish, and english is so arbitrary, also I'm dyslexic, so is a big mess. Thanks Evolution for spell check !

Take care Nicolas, Leonardo (Barreto Photography)
ps I wish i was in Bordeaux !

LOL!
Wanted to give you a hand, and pasting your name in the map section field, as France where on screen I got "Barreto Photographie" very close to Bordeaux! are you moving around there? Bordeaux wine is ready to welcome you!
May be someone of your family!
Barreto Photographie
13, Place St Jean
24380 Vergt
(33) 5 53 54 95 18

LOL again!

nicolas claris

Hi Leonardo
what happens is that, as I didn't have the exact URL for google maps, I did google "google maps" and it did bring me directly to http://maps.google.fr/ (not .com) then I did copy paste "Barreto Photography" and the technology understood I where French looking for a French address and did bring me directly to the French Barreto!
Sometimes "Artificial intelligence" ain't so clever!

Take care too (BTW, funny that I could see that your studio (home?) is a few yards from where we were in NY last October after visiting Asher in LA!
If I had known you before we would have paid you a visit! well, next time…

It is interesting how Google assumed and decided on base of them, a bit scary.

Have you seen the new Google "Street view" it shows you a human hight image of the street. I can see my building as if I was in a car looking trough the window.

You can call me when your in NY again we can go to Dean and De Luca @ 75 University PL

take care

nicolas claris

It is interesting how Google assumed and decided on base of them, a bit scary.

Yes, in all meanings, I don't like those systems that thinks for me, like some cookies that drives me on a website, interparting my previous visits. Oh! Georges Orwell was right!

Have you seen the new Google "Street view" it shows you a human hight image of the street. I can see my building as if I was in a car looking trough the window.
No seems fascinating, where can this be found?
You can call me when your in NY again we can go to Dean and De Luca @ 75 University PL
Will do!

google.gif

Nicolas, this is a display capture of the way the google "STREET VIEW" looks like. It is a nice toy, but probably will be used by my wife in restaurant hunting.

The way to get there is easy: do a normal google search, wen you get the result click on "maps". You know that you can search:

"Web
Images
Video
News
Maps
Gmail
more ?

When you get to the map search just click on the first tab to the left on the upper right side before traffic.

You will see that superimposed to the streets of Manhattan is another map on blue. Everything that is underlined with this blue marker has apparently been photographed by Google. To move the camera angle you "walk" the little figure and in the image screen you can pan and zoom in -- IQ is not that good, but this is just a preview of the way the future will be when all the world will be mapped and photographed for us desktop potatoes to visit with a mouse click.

I don't know if other cities are open to this, but It would be nice to be able to virtually walk on in the cities of Bordeaux... but only we would have to solve the problem of how to "virtually" taste the good wine...

nicolas claris

Fantastic Leonardo!

I did not notice this as they don't appear (yet…) on the french google maps.

I usually use google earth to check availibility of places and moorings for boats before going for shooting, therefore I can check the background, colors of beaches etc…

Very impressive tool, I guess the street one could be of lot of help for some street photogs…