• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Gee, why'd I wait so long....

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
For a few years I've been shooting Digital - actually about 4 years. Being an old film shooter, I resisted Digital for a long time and then when I started I felt that I should be shooting on a level where I never need to do anything to my pix - even digital. I have 1000's of images - right out of the camera Jpgs.

So about a year ago I went to a class and saw what shooting RAW could do. I've spent time learning DPP and Zoom Browser EX and here and there a few little programs. One pro a while ago told me he was using a Microsoft Photo program, I used it for some editing. Last year I took a PS Elements class and learned a few more things. Several local photographer's told me about a PS class that you could register for, but, it was like a one on one independent class you could attend weekly for a small sum since it's at the local adult school. I tried to register for fall semester, but, I couldn't find it on the web - the course catalog wasn't out yet.

But, I did find a class from our local community college. You take it over the internet. When you want. Two lessons a week. Repeat as needed - only have to take the class within two weeks of it being put up in the "classroom". It's for CS 3. For $89.00. You can ask questions, all you want. Live people to answer.

Why'd I wait so long? I can't believe how much I've learned in two lessons.

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Asher - 12 classes in 6 weeks is one class. 4 levels of courses, I think. Even if I get through the first 24, I can supplement with other things. But at least I will know how to use the tools.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Looks like a bargain Kathy!

Is this open for others on the web? It might be helpful to post the url of the course. Are the different levels available at the same time? The price of $89 seems very reasonable!

Asher

Angelica Oung

I just shot off an email to the service asking if the courses are available to those overseas. Not that there are not photoshop classes everywhere in Taipei, but it seems like the sort of thing that is just as well taken online. And yes, those prices are very competitive.