• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

New 580EXII stopped working

Steve Saunders

About 3-4 weeks old, stopped working yesterday. Working fine one minute, then refused to fire even when pressing the discharge button/light. Tried new batteries, still the same. All the other functions worked, it just wouldn't fire. Tried it on someone elses Canon, still wouldn't work so we knew the flash was the problem. Brought it back to the camera shop this morning and they gave me another new one without any hassle. That's why I prefer to buy most of my stuff from the same shop as they look after me in times of need like this.