• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

i owe you, guys :-) - a comparison . .

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Welcome back Klaus! Hope you have been enjoying a great summer. We did miss you and your LF photography.

Now I need to look at your spherical panorama on my dual G5, but on my souped up Cube 1.2 GHZ, I believe, I can only navigate up and down and left and right, no zoom! What is the instruction for Zooming in and out?

Also where is the second image to compare?

Asher

Diane Fields

WOW--Klaus. One could get really queasy (sickish) looking at this LOL. Looking straight down over the railing, I got shaky (I don't like heights too much) and as I navigated around--I felt like I was up there spinning in place. Stopping it--quite a lot of detail. Just terrific. I have no idea how one does a spherical pano, but liked it (I do very simple 2 or 3 flat stitch or 3 x 3 only).

Diane

Klaus Esser

pro member
WOW--Klaus. One could get really queasy (sickish) looking at this LOL. Looking straight down over the railing, I got shaky (I don't like heights too much) and as I navigated around--I felt like I was up there spinning in place. Stopping it--quite a lot of detail. Just terrific. I have no idea how one does a spherical pano, but liked it (I do very simple 2 or 3 flat stitch or 3 x 3 only).

Diane

Hi Diane, hi Asher!

Good to be here again!

Asher, plus and minus do the zoom ;-)

Diane, i shot 12 pics with a fisheye having the camera mounted on a boom (3m) and twisted the boom in degrees from the tripod-site. Than i stitched it in AutopanoPro. it´s a bit tricky - because normally you use horizontal or vertical-axis viewpoints. Here it´s 45degree . . :)

here are two more with the initial-motion (i´m testing with that script at the moment):

http://www.klausesser.de/Stadttor_klein.html
http://www.klausesser.de/PlatzVr.html

best, Klaus

Michael Fontana

pro member
Hi Klaus

nice movement, from the top of the building to the other skyscapers.

Personally, I'd make it a bit longer, as here it kinda jumps, a bit. Dunno if its the refeshing rate of the graphic card, still its a 256 MB....

And nice pano as well.
>it´s a bit tricky - because normally you use horizontal or vertical-axis viewpoints. Here it´s 45degree . . :)<
So you used 2 x 5 (plus-minus 45 degr) +2?

Klaus Esser

pro member
Hi Klaus

And nice pano as well.
>it´s a bit tricky - because normally you use horizontal or vertical-axis viewpoints. Here it´s 45degree . . :)<
So you used 2 x 5 (plus-minus 45 degr) +2?

Hi Michael!

(in short - i have to leave for a meeting)

I´m working on the script testing spinnig and tilting speed and the start- and the end-fov of the movement. It´s all in a xml script.

The camera was on top of a 45deg held boom 3m high over the ground of the platform close to the border - we were not allowed to go over the border for having a real downlook becaus of security reasons and the close to the border position in 3m height gave the maximum downlook-angle. So the camera looked in a right angle to the boom and the lens-axis was 45deg to the ground.
Usually your fov is 360deg horizontally - or vertically.
But the camera registered a 360 turn in 45deg and so the stitch had to be corrected to make it a horizontal fov. I used a Nikon 10,5mm fisheye. The camera was tilted about 15deg to the base, so we had to do only the zenith additionally and could close the nadir by retouche. Otherwise we would have had to pull the camera in, tilt it and pushed ot back to the previous position . . and would have come not further because of seeing the tripod anyway.

I made 12 shots arround instead of 6 due to the not really exact twisting of the boom and having great overlaps for sure.

best, Klaus