• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Printing and Printing and More Printing

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Okay, so while I have done 1000's of photos, I rarely print them. Well, some I've printed - into greeting cards or calendars and then I've given them away as gifts. I have a small series on the home office wall. But that's really all I've done with all this photography of mine.

I've had a list going of things to print. I made a poster (20x24) to draw attention to my photography services at a pet charity event adding text and framing it to be a sign.

Well, I've had some favorites and decided that my list needed printing (for gifts) and that I would print one for Keith's Gallery to be sold...they came today and I had them printed on Endura Metallic. I spent the whole day gazing at these images. Some of the photos on my list were a series I printed in wallet format to be framed in a grouping. I am sending that out.

I did a portrait of my friend, his horse and his dog - together and separate. Never gave it to him. I can't wait untill he sees them now. Wow.

I had two clients for my accounting business drop into the office today and the photos were all out. They did not know about my photography - only heard or seen on the web. They both want to book sessions with me.

I cannot believe that I had this and I waited to print them. Don't wait. Print and Print again. I have to go now. I have been planning on painting my blue office walls a better color to offset my images in their frames which have been waiting for the printing. Sooner rather than later.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Kathy, my friend, congrats on the joy. That is when the arc of intent is complete.

Good deeds bring their own karma!

Asher

Prints are so real, it just speaks and prompts in different ways. The web just feels more temporary and cluttered, everything obtains equal importance - less and less usually!

So what did you think of the metallic prints? I have been wanting to print one or two up but haven't yet. What are your observations?

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Spectacular

Ed,

I love those metallic prints. I printed about 20 or more images with that paper. It gives a surreal look that is so different. Recently I got some wedding album samples which had 5 or 6 kinds of paper used for the images. The color just pops on that paper. Even the whites are beyond beautiful. I even did some wallets with it and they give it a whole different feel than regular papers.

Tim Gray

The next stage in this progressive obsession :) is paper. Once you've had the tactile experience of holding a 13x19 print on Epson Velvet Fine Art... well it's almost as addictive as crack.

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Good to know

I have a 13x19 printer waiting to set up. If I am going to be addicted to something, then I'm happy it's photography. The alternatives aren't going to make other people happy!