• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Moon-Venus, Any Opinions?

This is from vacation in July on the coast of Lake Michigan near a romantic place called Good Harbor. We had a wonderful evening with this as the frosting on our day.

Rendered in Bibble with a boost in the blue:

sbdsunset.jpg

Just noticed the vertical artifact on the right - pretty sure that's caused by a plug-in in Bibble...

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
No not dead at all!

The thing is Ed that I for example am still thinking about it. I even copied it to my desktop to look at it more! However, I try not to be always the first to post opinions.

I'll give my delayed reactions!

Asher

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
I did not know what a vertical artifact is. It's a beautiful shot. I post a lot here and since it's a fairly new board, I try to give the board some balance. My internet nickname is ChatKat. But I hate to be too too wordy and dominate the board with idle chat which contains no substance.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Ed,

I was and am fascinated with the two sky lights, the crescant moon as the Northern Star. I haven't discovered the vertical artifact you reference but I do see he reflections of the two celestial bodies!

This picture is complex. I am still studying it!

Asher

Kathy,

I use a plug-in that does local contrast enhancement. I have to watch it because sometimes it creates a vertical pattern of lines - usually on the right side of the image - on this image it is near the horizon.

Asher,

It is good to know you are enjoying it. I need to be patient! :)

Jörgen Nyberg

Love the colors and the crop, but I think that I would have chosen a slightly shorter speed, to hold down the overexposure on the moon and venus, but of course, then the sea wouldn´t look so good.

Ps isn´t it slightly tilted to the right?

... I think that I would have chosen a slightly shorter speed, to hold down the overexposure on the moon and venus, but of course, then the sea wouldn´t look so good.

Actually, I noticed another version where the moon and planet are hiding behind more cloud cover. The light reflected from them is yellowish but less blown... perhaps a better candidate... perhaps I should re-evaluate this one...