• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

MK3 focus latest opinion of my unit.

Paul Bestwick

pro member
Well such is my faith in the MK3 that I used it in combo with the 300 F2.8 IS yesterday. Stupid really,
I had just driven 3 1/2 hours to shoot this (unrepeatable) job. Also, I had the 1DS MK2 with me & could have used that for these particular shots.

However, the subjects were still, unlike my failures of Saturday so I took an educated risk.
Here is an image from the shoot.

bushie.jpg

Ivan Garcia

Nice shot Paul.
But that one looks pretty sharp to me.
Could you post the sequence of out of focus shots?
I had my MKIII for a month and have just over 3000 shots on it; I haven’t found any AF problems on my body so far.

Paul Bestwick

pro member
Thanks Steve, Ivan.

Yea that shot is sharp & that was the point. I took the risk knowing that I would not be shooting any moving subject. I am confident that the MK3 works fine in that situation.
My opinion of the MK3 remains unchanged from day one. Awesome camera..... I love it. Image quality is peerless. AF is a bit of a prob.... big deal, you reckon Canon are gonna leave that one hanging out there. I don't think so.
How is that OOF background huh..... is that 300 2.8 the bomb or what !!!

Nill....... that aint Leon Russell (for a small fee I could do an impersonation..... CONDITIONS APPLY)

Ivan Garcia

Yep!! That baby has been on my shopping list for a while now.
I just can’t justify the expense at the moment.
But fear not, I’ll come out with some ludicrous excuse for the purchase some time soon :-D