• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Marie in the Studio

Model Marie, shot during one of my basic workshops.

By the way there are still a few slots open for 27-28 October for the workshops I will be teaching there, see www.frankdoorhof.com/usworkshops.

Marie_1_September_2007__%284_of_21%29.jpg

Marie_1_September_2007__%285_of_21%29.jpg

Marie_1_September_2007__%287_of_21%29.jpg

Marie_1_September_2007__%2810_of_21%29.jpg

MvrGr.
Frank

Eric Hiss

I like #3 best

Hi Frank,
I do like these dark and moody blue images with the third one being the one I personally like best. Did you shoot these with the Mamiya Z or did I read somewhere you got a new camera? btw- on my screen here at home the eyes look pretty dark, perhaps all black in some images. Could be just my screen (its calibrated) but I wonder if the images might be improved if one could see a bit more of the eyes?
Regards,
Eric

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Funny, Eric,

I was thinking the eyes might be made less bright by slightly brightening the models right cheek in images 2, 3 and 4! In these pictures, the luminance will most likely have to be adjusted for printing anyway, depending on so many factors. It's hard to judge such dark images without the actual ambient light settings of the photographer.

Frank,

I'm delighted and surprised! These pictures show this very wholesome and healthy looking female as intriguing, even beguilng. She seems comfortable and here, life is simple and uncomplicated. "Here I am, young, beautiful, no issues, no baggage, just me and perhaps 2 yards of blue fabric at the most! The polka dots? They're like my life, clean and white, as fresh as rain drops!" This is done by your clean simple uncomplicated posing, wardrobe and lighting.

However, it is of course not that simple. I remember after World War II, there was a Romanian riddle, "How do you make a Romanian omelette?" These are the steps: 1. Steal and egg!

Nobody had steps 2 or 3, it was just step # 1 that was so difficult! Here, the exceptional model is that hard to find egg. not that we all can cook, but without it, we have no omelette! I like your choice and you cook a wholesome dish!

Asher

Thank you so very much.

The eyes are darker than I normally do indeed, but it was intentional :D

I shot these with the Mamiya 645AFD/II and an Aptus 22 Leaf digital back.
That is my setup I will be using for the future, the ZD back was returned due to some problems I had with tethered shooting and ISO400.

Eric Hiss

Eyes and hands are the first thing a human looks at when viewing another human - most of it is subconscious. So yes I think its important to see the eyes even if the rest of the image is dark. Of course we all look at other parts of the person too, but I won't get crass. ;-)

How are you liking the new setup especially the Aptus over all? Do you use their capture shop? Sure looks like it is holding detail and color in the darker portions of the image.

janet Smith

pro member
Hello Frank

Beautiful work - I particularly like 1 & 2, just goes to show that clothing does not have to be removed to be alluring. The lighting is beautiful, I wish I could attend your workshop, but sadly I can't!