• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Back from Panama

Brian Lowe

I have just returned from 8 day vacation to the Republic of Panama, It was a fantastic trip.

Here is a photo taken of me photographing a Howler monkey in the rainforest of Panama.

This is a little tease of what is to come once I get all of the photos sorted and post processed.

More photos will be posted soon.

Enjoy,

Brian

194481831-M.jpg

Wow. That must have been quite an experience! Look forward to seeing more of Panama.

A mighty Zoom you camouflaged there. What is that thing on your Flash?

Brian Lowe

Wow. That must have been quite an experience! Look forward to seeing more of Panama.

A mighty Zoom you camouflaged there. What is that thing on your Flash?

Hello Georg,

What you see on the end of my flash unit is a called a [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]"Better Beamer" Flash Extender that is used to extend the distance of your flash range.

Brian
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Hi Brian,

they seem to be produced specific to brands, and I could find Nikon and Canon but not Olympus, too bad, I would have loved to try that. With 560mm it should make sense.

However, sounds like a disereable product!

Better Beamer Flash Extender will help increase the reach of the flash and increases the flash output by about 2 to 3 f/stops. It focuses and concentrates the output of the flash into a narrow beam via the fresnel screen that gets positioned in front of the flash. This allows shooting at greater distances and shooting with smaller apertures.

Michael Reichmann's review:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/better_beamer.shtml

That camouflage on your Zoom looks like a custom made job, would that be correct?