• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

I'm the son of the OPFer and say Hi!

Hi guys!

Just a couple portraits of myself. Photos have been shot at home, witout any banks, lights, reflective panels and so on. Unfortunately I haven't enough free space to reproduce a studio at home.

Lights used have been the following:
- Sun light coming from my back (through a window)
- Fill in flash to light the shadows and make smoother the background (didn't work so well for the first shoot ;-) )

I hope you will appreciate them.

Canon EOS 400D - Canon EF 70-200 F4 L USM

Have a nice shots,
Jacopo

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Giovannni,

Great to see who you are or rather your person! Glad you joined OPF and are open this much to share self portaits. Might you now add new backgrounds?

How did you process skin color? By eye>

Seems rather ruddy. Is it so?

Asher

Hi Asher!
Just to clarify ;-) person in the shot is Jacopo, the son of Giovanni. He is "the" family photographer.
Giovanni, my father, is a programmer and he is developing PhotoResampling software, i mentioned it in some post concerning retouching.

Ok, coming back in topic, these are the steps of the digital workflow used on posted images.
First of all, I converted the raw files in tiff (8bit) with DPP (canon). I didn't perform a lot of adjustment on this step. Just one or two point of sharpen.
Then, i opened the tiff image in PhotoResampling and i worked on White Balance. As necessary I used also Curves, Shadow and Highlights, and exposure features.
Maybe, I used the "clone" feature to remove some skin imperfection. I ' m not sure if this step has been performed for these two shoots. I remember that in some shoots of this session i used it.

That's it.

Seems rather ruddy. Is it so?

It could be, i was just came back from holidays, so my skin was tanned ;-)

See you soon bro,

Jacopo

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi Giovanni/Jacopo

It should be wise to have two different registrations, it is quite dissapointing for the others to have to decode who is who ,;-)

BTW it is not very fair to communicate about one's product without saying your relationship with the company… you explain it here but didn't (or was it your father?) in the post concerning sharpening… (or retouching…)
There is a forum dedicated for announcement…

Hi Nicolas,
I agree with you, two accounts are better, i will open a new one.
I didn't do that till know cause i wasn't sure that i will wrote here.
Concerning relation with software i simply explain what software i used and which steps i followed to achieve the result in a photo.
Asher knows the relation with that software. If i remember well in a post i also provided a link to the software website. Following it you can find more information about the software and the developer.
I don't think i was un-fair. By the way, i apologized for that if it happened.

Jacopo

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I just got it!

Why don't you have one registration each?

Anyway, tell us about the software, do you have a URL> Maybe you gave it already?

Asher

Hi Asher,
I just subscribed a new account for me, it is in the moderation queue to be added to the forum.
Regarding the software, you can find more information on PhotoResampling website
By the way, i' m not here to promote the software. I just want to be a member of this community, share my photos, my ideas and learn something new from the cool photographer which post here.

Jacopo