• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Nauvoo

I took these pictures about 3-4 years ago and stumbled upon them today. They were taken in Nauvoo, Illinois. I love the lighting on these and thought I would post them and see what others think of them. I know that I cut off the top part in the first one and could probably have done a better job with the framing on both, but I'm still rather pleased with how they turned out.

NauvooFadingLight.jpg

NauvooTrees.jpg

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Bonsoir Jessica

The 1st pictures have nice colors, but the picture is not quite vertical and the trees on the side are disturbing without bringing any perspective.
Too bad that the golden sculpture on the roof is out of frame…
I did a recrop and 2° rotation, a slight sharpening together with a bit of saturation, then converted to sRGB:

NauvooFadingLight_NC.jpg

I think you're right about the trees. If I remember correctly, I was trying to use the trees to frame the picture, but the cropped version does look better.

Marcus Peddle

The tree directly in front of the building looks promising. Either from a distance with a telephoto or close up with a wide angle lens. Can you get back there to shoot more? It looks like a good location for photography.