• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Informal

Annie James

Was asked to formally take informal pictures if that makes any sense!!! Needs some post processing and a rotate here and there!

window.jpg

window1.jpg

The first is nice, I would like to see more of the picture on the shelf. But I like the light a lot. I'm not fond of the 2nd because the baby is facing away from me.

Did you use a reflector for fill on these?

janet Smith

pro member
Hi Annie

I also like the 1st, I like the light and the view through the window, a nice natural moment of a typical, looks like teething baby! Not too sure about the half bottle on the LHS though.

The 2nd one I also like, there's something about the back of a baby's neck that is just so sweet, it reminded me of my sons when they were younger, always wanting to sit on the window sill and look out, a nice memory for the parents. Although the objects on the window sill and the curtain are IMHO a little distracting, but there again this is just a reflection of normal life at home with our clutter etc...

Thanks for sharing.

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Informal portrait?
Certainly…
After a 14 hours day shoot, having a good drink, took that candid shot in the Bay of Cannes…

1Ds Mk II - 1600 ISO - 24-70 @70mm - ƒ 2.8

_G8A1802_Martinez-1600.jpg

and for the pleasure, this one shot a few minutes before (while the crew that you see on the above pic, was preparing the drink…)

1Ds Mk II - 800 ISO - 24-70 @24mm - ƒ 2.8

_G8A1777_nuit.jpg

Right in between the Carlton and the Martinez! (The hills in the background are called… "La Californie". No kidding!)
(Yes I know, it is not perfectly horizontal…)