• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Heart Palpitations

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Well, I finished my class on Wedding Photography and I am building a website
My business plan is done
My stationery is printed
My contracts are in order
My gear is clean and ready
I have lots of props
I have all the lights and modifiers.....

And today, I saw the perfect space - about 700 sq ft. Area well trafficked - the wedding photographer vacated the building and people are looking for the photographer in the building - there are other wedding and event related businesses and even a couple ad agencies, a couple beauty salons and a dress shop catering to children's wedding and party clothes.

My husband said go ahead and take the risk.
So I am getting ready to negotiate the lease.

That means I will have a space to showcase and gallery my work;
I will have a place to shoot and a place to share
I intend to have a small gallery space too.
And I will even sublet to other photographers locally.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Keith Kiiroja

I wish you the best of luck with your venture...I think this is something I need to do for my business. I think I need to open a local studio in a high traffic in demand area. Seems you have the best of luck with this and ALL will go smoothly.

Woo hoo!

Let us know the date of the Grand Opening and I'll lift a glass of digital champagne in your honor.

Good luck, keep us informed about your progress.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Kathy,

We are all so proud of you and happy that you have taken these large important steps in setting up shop. You are a brave but very determined and accomplished young lady! We need to celebrate at some of the vineyards before you get too busy!!

Hmm, I wonder when it's too cold to go to the winderies?

asher

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Kathy,

I wish you all the luck you can ever need/get and then even more! :)))
We are all proud of you indeed.

Break a leg!

Cheers,

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Up to Santa Barbara

Thanks for all the good wishes. I've been thinking all night about the floor plan and layout since I want to be able to have a gallery as well as two shooting bays, a couch (can be a prop too!) and foyer/client meeting area with table and chairs. It has French style paned windows...

Gee, Asher, we will have to go and find the right wine for the open house - that might mean tasting at Costco. you should have joined us at the Pinot Restaurant's wine dinner on Monday (Far Niente and Nickel and Nickel wines) - but we'd be up to an excursion to Santa Barbara. Never too cold to go! They are open all year. Harvest is the best time to photograph there (now!) we should chat live about it! Gee as a queen of promotion, I will probably have to have a grand opening and have the Chamber of Commerce have a mixer event there too etc.