• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

HP Z3100 Profile Names vrs Corel Painter X CM

Tom Bulat

Hi all,
Pardon me if you see a variation of this posted on other boards. I've taken to the boards trolling for help in desparation.

Printer Paper profiles are named automatically by my Z printer, and my problem is that Corel Painter X (unlike Photoshop CS3) is failing to get the correct profile name from resources within the profile, and instead is displaying "none none" or "HPPS HPPS" instead.

I called Corel, but they said to call HP. I did and HP kinda blamed Corel. Now I contacted Corel again, and they see the problem (happens with Epson Profiles too they said), and are pushing it up to engineering, but meanwhile "back at the ranch" I sit and wait.

BRAINSTORM: On a "Z generated profile" I have tried using Apple ColorSync Utility to change resources involving Profile Names, like resources in the "Localized Names" and "ASCII Text strings" (replacing "none" found in quotes with the profile name> Sadly "none none" or "HPPS HPPS" remains the profile name no matter what I have done in ColorSync Utility. SO THESE TESTS FAILED.

Is there any software out there that can help me fix this?

Looking forward to hearing from anyone.

So long for now, TOM

PS:[ASIDE ON HP Profile Naming: I find it so annoying that the profile names the Z creates are way too long including a extra long printer name. "HP Designjet Z3100" begins every profile. Is it just me or shouldn't this be a user preference? In my case...I have one Z... "HPZ" would suffice.]