• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Prof. Harald Mante aka "Color Harry"

Greetings,

Allow me to introduce "Color Harry", sorry Harald, <grins> I could not resist.

trier_05.jpg

Known as "Color Harry," professor HARALD MANTE is one of West Germanys leading photography instructors. His students have won many awards. In addition, Mante's books on color and photo design have been published in seven languages.

Born in 1936, lives and works in Schwerte; studied at the "Werkkunstschule Wiesbaden", creative and applied painting under the "Bauhaus"-Student Vincent Weber. 1960 self-taught in Photography. 1963-71 teaching positions in Mainz, Wiesbaden and Frankfurt. 1969 first instruction book »Image Composition«, current instruction books »Creative Ways To Use Motifs« (1996), »The Photo« (2000), 1971 appointment to the Universtiy ("Gesamthochschule") Wuppertal, 1973 change to the Technical College Dortmund, Major Design, Field of Creative and Experimental Colour Photography. Numerous Text Books, Image Collections and national and international exhibitions.

Harald has a great deal of commitments hence a very dense schedule. I consider it a great honor that he may find the one or other minute to join in the fora and give us his valuable views and perspectives on the various subjects.

So, please join me in welcoming Prof. Harald Mante in our Fora!

P.S. If memory serves, some of your later books will be translated into english next May if I am not mistaken. Would that be right Harald?

Books like "Color Design in Photography" can not be bought as new anymore as far as I know, but can be found on the Internet.

Last edited:

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Bonsoir Harald

I'm very happy to second Georg as to welcome you here.
Having read the above short (but rich!) bio, I am not sure that you would like us to feel honored to have you joining us.
So let me just say that your input will be, I'm certain, unvaluable, to me (another self taught) but for all for us.

So please make the plunge into our small but friendly place, totally devoted to photography and… sincerity!

Bienvenue!
PS my enthusiasm may be also drawn as to feel sometimes lonely here being a color advocate Vs" B&W supposed to save pictures" guys… see here ;-)

I was speaking with Harald earlier, and I am not sure whether he can manage to join us.

However, I will meet with Harald in Germany in May 2008 and spend 9 days trying to get as much stuff in my poor brain as I can in that amount of time. He lectures at the european academy of fine art in Trier.

If there is anything left of me afterwards <grins> I will try to translate the findings and experience into english and post it here.

@Nicolas http://www.artsask.ca/fr/collections/themes/la-lumiere-naturelle/harald-mante