• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Photo books

Tim Armes

Hello,

I've recently ordered a photobook via Apple's iPhoto, and I'm patiently waiting to recieve it.

Since ordering however, I've discovered a number of other companies offering similar offerings, including Lulu. Now, Lulu's prices are a lot, lot cheaper.

Does anyone here have any practical experience with these two companies. I'd like to know how the books from the two companies compare at the moment (as opposed to serveral years ago, which is when all of the reviews I've read so far were written).

Thanks,

Tim

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Lulu?

I don't know Lulu but I have sourced a number of books for professionals and I have used Mpix for designing and actually ordered three of their 10x10 black books. They all had a lot of wow factor to them.

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Thanks, Nicolas

I figured it out right after the post (lol). They don't have hard cover books, AFAIK from my brief visit.

There are so many companies now offering books. Some of the pros at a seminar I went to were using Asuka book and even My Publisher

KrisCarnmarker

Wow, I had no idea that could be had at such low prices! What is the print quality like?

From the ones listed here, Asuka Book seems to be the best one. However, they only service professionals. Why would they restrict the use of their services? One of the reasons I like Asuka Book is because it seems to allow total freedom of design, whereas the others don't. Is this correct?

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Lots of book vendors

A lot of the book vendors only work with pros. Lots of repeat business.

The Mpix books are really nice and very easy to work. You can do all you own designed and the price very reasonable. Not sure if they are international or not.