• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Rose - presented differently!

It is always good to hear your opinion.

177.jpg

1936.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Arun,

(Is that your first name or family name?) I'm impressed. These are both beautiful. The first is presented with delicate sensibility. Tell us the way you approached this from camera, lighting, choice of lens and post processing. I like it.

The fine veins on the light rose and the gentle soft lighting are perfect for this image.

The juxta position of the two images works well. One is like a thin wisp of a sensually thin silk dress in spring the second image is bold as a Spanish flamingo dancer or a Red Dragon from China!

The radial movement of the petals in the second picture is unique and impressive.

Thanks for sharing!

Asher

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Beautiful

I love these images. Makes me want to go outside (it's nighttime here! Not a real option - and my garden is not lit up at night nor are my roses that color or type) and find some roses to shoot up close with my macro lens.

Asher,

Your descriptions are really magnificient. Do you read Shakespeare as your inspiration? Must be the Englishman at work!

Asher Kelman

You're welcome Arun!

Now get back to your camera! Try to add a few words about the flowers, lighting and lens so there's more for people to think about.

Asher

Asher Kelman

Asher,

Your descriptions are really magnificient. Do you read Shakespeare as your inspiration? Must be the Englishman at work!
Yes it might be the Shakespearean background but King Solomon's "Song of Songs" aint bad either! My life is embedded in music, pictures and writing around the clock! Fundamentally I believe that pictures work because they are a likeness to something; but more than that, great pictures use triggers to casue eruptions of emotions based on keying of symbolic references we don't even realize are there.

When we make choices, we can't help but use all the accumulated values, stories, myths whether we know it or not. My challenge to myself is to be open to what really makes me react and what might be buttressing this picture. For sure it's not just the flower when the mind is lead to new places that have nothing to do with flowers. Its the transendential experience that is triggered and fueled by symbols and pictoral metaphors.

When one experiences art one is hoping one will get feelings and consequential thoughts that will allow us to reexperience the driving deep emotions and thoughts of the artist, even though they may not be realized or undersrtood by the artist! We all create blind, but the blind man can really see!

This is just my own dogma. I'm not the head guru on this! That guy lives in my mirror and he's much older and doesn't always shave! Still he's a smart fella and he's allways ready to greet me!

Asher