• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

SoCal Fires... again :-(

You know something is not right when the light from the window get this - otherwise very pretty - golden honey color:

211184109-L.jpg

At least you can get some non-trivial sun shots:

211834679-L.jpg

Conejo Valley between Malibu and Moorpark fires.
211834822-L.jpg

This is a handheld 14 shots pano, stitched in PS CS3. Larger 600px tall onscreen version is here

And here's a Smoky Moon shot for you:

211389967-L.jpg

A few more pics are here: http://nik.smugmug.com/gallery/3690086

Always look for the silver lining!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The glow on your window is almost apocalyptic!

Now is the moon really beeing illuminated from below or is that your 580 EX strobe?

Asher :)

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Is that your spot?

Nik -

Is that your spot near Sunset Hills or mine off of Erbes? Looks like the Sapra/Grissom spot to me. Nice images.

I am itching to go do some reporting on the fires. There are some incredible human interest stories and potential images. Hoping to go tomorrow for a bit.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Nikolai, what roads give access for photography?

Do the police simply not let anyone in. We should be able to close?

Asher

Nikolai, what roads give access for photography?

Do the police simply not let anyone in. We should be able to close?

Asher

Well, this time I was shooting from a great distance.
In prior time I had no problem with the police, except when it was very dangerous and they didn't let anybody in at all. Yet in that case even 200mm was enough, and I had 400:)