• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Dahlia

Eric Hiss

Taken over the weekend... I love Dahlias!

L1102482.jpg

Bev Sampson

Asher, could there be a rule or mandate that when photos/images are posted that the relevant camera & lens info and exposure sets be displayed, ie Canon 1DMKII, Canon macro 180, F8, 1/60, flash at -1, ISO 100. I think that when this is missing the inquisitive photographic mind begins to wonder.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
To some, Bev, the nature of the lens and camera is not important. In a way that's true. The picture either works for the photographer and his/her viewing populatiion or not.

When we do get the specifics, then it's very helpful.

Here, an interesting feature is the apparent surface change in several petals and loose pollen indicating something is happening to the flower and this is very different than photographing a pristine flower as here we can imagine the change in its life.

Asher

janet Smith

pro member
Hi Eric

Dahlias are great for texture and vibrant colours aren't they..... I like the off-center tight composition, great DOF, I also like the falling pollen/stamens and curled inner petals. Lovely one!

Bev Sampson

Thank you Asher. This photo was so appealing that my thoughts immediately began questioning the camera, lens and exif. This information is important to those of us who would like our images to be similarly appealing. What was the photographers technique, equipment and settings.

Eric your dahlia is absolutely georgous.

Bev

Lovely picture of a beautiful flower, Eric. The symmetrical petals distribution of Dahlias is very distinctive.

Here is my contribution to your thread.
415.jpg