• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Reflections of You

Allen Maestas

214648706-X3.jpg

Arya Wiese

How stunning - it looks like a painting in the water. was that effect done in camera or in a photo editing program? Gorgous none the less.

janet Smith

pro member
Hello Allen

What fabulous Autumn colours, absolutely beautiful, so peaceful, like Arya I'm not sure what you've done to the water, but it works wonderfully. Can you give us more information about how you achieved this? Lucky you that the duck swam into shot, in just the right place!!

Allen Maestas

Thank you Arya and Jan, there was no special processing just normal levels and curves. I shot this with my 400mm 5.6 as we were out birding that morning. As we were traveling along the roads in Bosque del Apache, I noticed how nice the reflections were in one of the ponds. I knew I was going to have to change lenses, but I figured I would try one shot with the 400 before I swapped it out. I sure am glad I did. All I can say is that this image is all about the light, no special processing, in fact this was one of the easier images that I have processed in a while. The light was just so nice that morning, so clear and I just happened to be in the right spot as the low angle of light hit perfectly. I'm very pleased that you both liked it so much, thank you for the nice comments.

Al

Marian Howell

All I can say is that this image is all about the light, no special processing, in fact this was one of the easier images that I have processed in a while. The light was just so nice that morning, so clear and I just happened to be in the right spot as the low angle of light hit perfectly.
Al

you sure were!!
and this image *is* "all about the light" and as you know the dof of the 400mm really is the crowning touch!