• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Any other aviation photographers here?

Eric Van Gilder

I love old airplanes, new airplanes, well, anything that flies. Is anyone else into aviation photography? Show us what you have.

Here are a few of mine:

An evening flight on July 3rd for a salute to veterans
DSC_3170.jpg

Wall of fire!
DSC_6358.jpg

Christen Eagle
DSC_0170.jpg

This one has become one of my most known photos. I call if "Dawn Patrol"
DSC_4839.jpg

Greg Rogers

Eric, as a pilot, and also having attempting some such shots myself decades ago, I can really appreciate how difficult these sorts of shots actually are. You've done a magnificent job. Thanks for posting. I wish I had some to share.

-Greg

Eric Van Gilder

Thanks Greg. I have fun with it. My best work is air-to-air though. I feel like I have more freedom to be creative in the air. It's a bit easier as you are all heading in the same direction. :)

Greg Rogers

You're welcome, Eric. It was the air to air shots in particular to which I referred. The others are great as well, but not everyone understands the difficulty involved in what you have coined air to air photography.

Regards,
Greg

Brian Lowe

Here is a little tidbit about me and airplanes. I had a pilots license before I had a drivers license, I had to have someone drive me to the airport so I could go fly airplanes LOL.

Here are a few I have taken of airplanes.

Enjoy,

-Brian-

66094092-L-5.jpg

66094272-L-4.jpg

208417709-L-1.jpg

Eric Van Gilder

Alright! That's what I was hoping to see, more shots by other aviation photographers. Not that I don't enjoy the other stuff too, it's just this is where I cut my teeth and specialize now.

You guys have some great stuff. I really like the lighting and clarity on that last shot with the 2 seat spitfire.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Eric,

We're a new community so we really value every single photographer who joins us. Each person brings with them a new enthusiasm and that passion builds. So we appreciate your work adding to that of others!

So if you keep posting you'll have an appreciative viewing audience! We are already proud of the work of John, Brian and others Nikolai.

BTW, have you ever used a true aeiral camera with film?

Asher

Greg Rogers

This humble addition is neither in, nor meant to be in the same league as the outstanding photographs above, however I just stumbled across it and being a shot near and dear to my heart (from June, 2005).....thought I'd join in the fun here.

Jeffs-J3_GC-Rogers.jpg

Cheers,
Greg

PS; If memory serves, Bill kicked in the afterburner and smoke seconds after I took the shot. Bad timing on my part.

Last edited:

kevin brown

Eric Van Gilder

Nice stuff guys. I have been away from the forum for a while. I have been working on my pan technique and some projects. Here are some recent shots.

DSC_3472.jpg

DSC_3127.jpg

DSC_8152.jpg

DSC_1367.jpg