• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

guess the location

Paul Bestwick

pro member
I have been on an unexpected overseas trip with Josie for the last month. Here she is ......... can you guess the location ?

Cheers,

Paul

holiday.jpg

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi Paul
You seem to spend so nice holidays (every men here can understand that;-) that you have posted your image Adobe RGB and 16 bits!

here is a 8 bits Srgb (untouched for colors, luminosity etc.):
holiday_8.jpg

So back to your teaser…
Seems to be winter time, so not in your hemisphere…
let's try some maritime countries…
Japan ?
Scotland?
China?
Russia?
Norway?
Denmark?
Finland?
Sweden?
Genova Leman lake? (Switzeland)

Wow, that's make a lot of nice places to visit with a such nice companion !

Paul Bestwick

pro member
Hey Nicolas,

thanks for the correction. I am jet lagged so I can be excused for indiscretions such as these as well as random bank robberies etc.
the image was taken within the last few weeks so not winter but autumn. A snap snow fall.
Incredible..... all those countries listed but no cigar..... sorry.
Keep guessing...... more clues later if required.

Paul Bestwick

pro member
OK...... country has been guessed but I want more info. Here is another, same country different region.
This one is giving it away !!!

holiday2.jpg

As John already took Italy - what would be a sensible choice if you fly around the world - my guess would be Kroatia as I sometimes it looks even more italian then Italy itself..

Michael Fontana

pro member
Isn't the 2nd one in Riomaggiore?

In the Cinqueterre? = "5 villages" near La Spezia, Italy?

BTW; Good fish restaurant, at the left side of that river
Been there, done that, mate ;-)

Definatly a good place for holidays! Did you walked la Via dell' Amore?

So the first one could be il lago di Trasimeno?

No, it's not, cause it's il Vesuvio di Napoli, hidden by clouds.
Vesuv, the vulcan of Naples...

Last edited:

Michael Fontana

pro member
Paul

it wasn't to difficult, after you showed Riomaggiore, which is quite unique, so its guess was easy. As for the Vesuvio with its clouds, that was more difficult, but googling for vesuv-images helped a lot.