• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Your own archive

Neil Hunt

I've recently been going through old boxes of transparencies, pulling a few out here and there and scanning them.

This one has been sitting completely unnoticed in its sleeve since September 1989. OK its certainly no lost gem and it obviously didn't make the grade at the time, but I like it enough to look at it for a couple of days.

It got me thinking about how much more convenient it is to access your own work once its archived digitally. So the obvious question - has anyone done the same and suprised themselves with a forgotten masterpiece?

Neil.
photo741230.html

Ray West

Hi Neil,

the image is located at xhttp://www.neilhuntphotography.com/imgs/gallery/4521_1558840434744fa43b9209.jpg

(I've put in a leading x to show it as text.)

simply open the image icon on the reply and paste into the box

4521_1558840434744fa43b9209.jpg

Best wishes,

Ray

Cem_Usakligil

The feeling is mutual....

I've recently been going through old boxes of transparencies, pulling a few out here and there and scanning them.

This one has been sitting completely unnoticed in its sleeve since September 1989. OK its certainly no lost gem and it obviously didn't make the grade at the time, but I like it enough to look at it for a couple of days.

It got me thinking about how much more convenient it is to access your own work once its archived digitally. So the obvious question - has anyone done the same and suprised themselves with a forgotten masterpiece?

Neil
Hi Neil,

I know exactly what you're talking about. Here are a few lost pieces from my "fishermen" collection I've recently rediscovered. They are by far no masterpieces, merely nice to look at.

Reeling in the biggest catch of the day: (scanned directly from slide by shooting 1:1 with the Canon EF-100mm Macro)
img_39281_0_227603031-L.jpg

Business as usual:
img_39281_1_227602982-L.jpg

Early morning mist on the beach:
img_39281_2_227602923-L.jpg

Good preparation is everything: (scanned directly from slide by shooting 1:1 with the Canon EF-100mm Macro)
img_39281_3_227603071-L.jpg

Hope you'll like them.

Cheers,